Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Mudda


My mom turns 60 today. And it breaks my heart that I can't be in person to celebrate with her, but being the wonderful compassionate and understanding mother that she is, she doesn't tell me that she's heartbroken that I'm not there, either.

My mother has always been an inspiration to me, more than because of what she's accomplished, but her consistency. Her generosity exceeds all, her kindness and the world's best laugh are enough to win anyone over. She is always thinking of others, even in her Alone Time. I know this, because she's told me.

Since my teen years, we have gotten over so much, and have since been able to truly accept each other for who she is and to love the other unconditionally. She is my very best friend.

From her I have my laugh, smile and too-thick hair. My love to cook and dance and plan and sew and read and teach and try new things were all gifts she gave me.

In my darkest moments, when no one else "gets me," I know it's my mom who will come the closest in trying to.

Happy Birthday Mom, I love you. Te amo. Ich liebe dich. Canda munani. Je t'aime. Ti amo.